After having a website with us for many years, the Kansas Region, Disciples of Christ decided that it was time for an overhaul. This organization is the umbrella organization for roughly 80 churches in Kansas, so it is imperative that they have a functioning website to communicate effectively with their many congregations.
- Their current brand standard had specific color requirements in regards to their logo; however, they were open to updated typography and some new graphics in keeping with their brand as a Christian organization.
- Current website had become bloated, and many outdated PDFs and graphics were eating up space.
- The client had many events that were being posted in several areas resulting in double and triple work when event information changed.
- The client had many folks contributing news articles via email resulting in a lot of work being placed on the person receiving the email submissions.
- The client has another location that is part of their mission: a former campground that has been turned into a state-of-the-art retreat center/corporate events center/wedding destination. at the same time, it’s also still partly a campground which hosts their extensive summer camp program as well as being available for outside groups. They needed a new website for this venture to full cover it’s multi-functions and to rebrand the camping only impression that many of their constituents had.
- An events system was incorporated where events are only posted in one location and links to the events are posted in other areas. Events are now in text and not PDF format to aide in accessibility.
- We worked with the client going page-by-page to assess if the content was current and/or needed any longer. We gave a suggested new flow of information. For example, their former resources area was rethought into an accordion style reference page which was organized to be helpful to the needs of various constituents.
- Using a robust back-end form system, articles are now submitted online rather than email. They are held in a posting queue for a team of editors (who receive notifications about new items coming in) to look at submissions, make necessary changes, and then release these items for public visibility.
- And entirely new website was conceived for the former campground turned events center. The new website features the many facets of The Disciples Center at Tawakoni from conferences, to weddings, to retreats, to summer camp.
- The entire effort was a collaboration between the BHM staff and roughly half a dozen representatives from the client.
- The Kansas Disciples of Christ have a robust website that communicates their mission.
- Modern photography and graphics were used to enhance user experience.
- The Gutenberg Block Editor was used to archive all content and the client was trained in its usage.
- The new Disciples Center at Tawakoni website gives information to both perspective new users of the facility and long-time members who were unaware of its transformation.