Central Stockton UMC came to us having seen our work on Los Gatos UMC. They were looking for a change after having a website for many years on a Joomla platform that was not mobile friendly, had components that only a developer could update, and lacked the ability for a more user friendly donation system, video integration and more
- We began this project and then the world turned upside down due to the COVID-19 crisis.
- We realized that it wouldn’t be possible to take our usual time in developing a new website. The church needed a blog, video functionality, a donor platform…and they needed it immediately.
- Both the Central Stockton team and team BHM rolled up our sleeves and came up with a plan: a quick transition website to meet their urgent needs while we developed the permanent website.
- Yes, you read that correctly: TWO WEBSITES in under two months!
- Without the impressive dedication of the Central Stockton Team to make collaborative and decisions, to communicate with us clearly, and to provide us with content and feedback quickly, we never would have pulled it off.
The Master Plan
- The client attended two Zoom trainings on website best practice and how to use the new Block editor
- We pulled in all of the former content and helped the client to reorganize it.
- After that, the Stockton team set to editing eliminating some things and updating others.
- We were in constant communication in our Basecamp project management system.
- A new new and less cluttered homepage was designed.
- Modern photography was incorporated.
- Several Google calendars were merged to display on the website.
- They now have a robust news feed with video, audio, and updates.
- A robust donation platform was installed that allowed for seamless reporting, earmarked funds, recurring gifts and more.
- An accessible color scheme that matched their branding was instituted.
- Central Stockton United Methodist Church is actively using their new website daily.
- Modern photography and graphics were used to enhance user experience.
- Multiple calls to action appear on a variety of pages.
- They are now working to switch over to the G-Suite platform for better email and document storage/sharing.
Our Client’s Perspective
Bet Hannon Business Websites design team far exceeded my expectation on every front. Bet, Laura and Meg were knowledgeable, creative, prompt, and personable. I was stressed about getting the new site done and they truly did an amazing job in making it a great experience. They were always there for me – came up with great ideas, helped me with the whole process and answered all my questions and concerns. They also taught me to manage my website – to add pages and posts and to make future changes and updates. They went above and beyond to make sure that the site was exactly what I had envisioned. I cannot recommend this company enough to people – they are just amazing! Thank you Bet, Laura and Meg!Susie Wandon, Central Stockton UMC Church Administrator
Never miss another article from us. Sign up today to receive our monthly newsletter to learn more about website accessibility, best content practices, and more.